I traveled through the famous Tunnel of Light and came back to tell you about it!
It's Time for Us to Heal. . .
Click to jump to My Energy Work
Click to jump to Reconnective Healing
Click to jump to Essential Oils
. . . and it is up to us to empower ourselves to do it!
As we see the rise of antibiotic-resistance superbugs, chronic diseases, and cancers, and what appears to be an epidemic of death, it's very hard to believe that this is a time of enormous healing for individuals, humanity, and planet Earth. Yet I believe that to be the case. Even as the western medical community and pharmaceutical companies are scrambling to deal with (and profit from) these challenges, more and more people are successfully turning to and incorporating other medical systems and traditions, alternative healing modalities, whole foods and better diet, preventive care, and stress reduction. And, of course, the best "cure" is always prevention!
Although I do believe that alternative, gentle, natural remedies and modalities are often the best options, I do not by any means advocate turning our backs on western medicine. Many times that is exactly what we need in order to heal our bodies, and we are lucky that we have the incredible and sophisticated medical options available! Of course, the costs and the whole medical insurance model need to be reworked! Fortunately, that may be coming.
Fortunately, new healing options are becoming available to us at an amazing rate, many of which are more holistic, more subtle, and more effective at addressing the root of the problem rather than merely addressing symptoms. And the more we can reduce stress and practice good self-love and self-care, the more we can strengthen our bodies and protect ourselves against disease, help our bodies heal more quickly, and reduce the need for more invasive medical intervention. I also believe that in the next few decades "modern medicine" will become much more of an effective blend of modern technology—in ways that will astound us—and alternative and more subtle forms of healing and health care.
No matter what modality is used, I firmly believe we are the only ones who can heal ourselves. Every day we learn more about the mind-body connection and the power of prayer and intention—the power of the non-physical to affect the physical. Often the roots of our diseases can be found in our mental, emotional, and spiritual dis-ease. More and more information comes out every day about the toll that stress takes on our bodies, so why wouldn't the traumas and losses we experience in life undermine our physical, emotional, and spiritual health? It is up to us to take responsibility for our health and well-being and to seek out the tools, methods, and modalities—including physicians and medications as well as alternative practitioners, natural remedies, nutrition, spiritual practice, etc.—that will help us heal ourselves and prevent as much dis-ease and disease as possible. And isn't it magnificent that we have such an amazing array of methods, therapies, healing arts, and tools to choose from!
I have developed some gifts, interests, and skills in the next evolution of healing, which is based on working with the energy of our physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual bodies. It seems that new energy therapies are being discovered every year. Because energy work is very subtle and works best when it is in tune with the person who is receiving it, as with everything, we must use our own intuition and discernment in identifying the therapies and interventions that are best aligned for us.
For an exciting look at the next evolution of healing, and what scientists and quantum physicists are learning about consciousness, DNA, healing, and the human body, see the new documentary movie, The Living Matrix - The Science of Healing, available now on DVD.
My healing energy work. . .
For decades, people told me, "You know you're a healer, don't you?" And I'd run away screaming! It wasn't something I wanted to hear and I always denied it. I thought it was too weird. It felt almost dangerous. I didn't want to have anything to do with it. They used to kill people for that! Even in our own history, we had the Salem witch trials!
In 2003, at Tara, the seat of the ancient High Kings and considered to be the Heart Chakra of Ireland, my denial came to an abrupt end when I spontaneously started to channel energy through my hands. I wasn't particularly pleased about it at the time, but it soon became obvious that it wasn't going to go away and I couldn't ignore it! Working with what I call the Tara Energy, I have found that I can often receive information about traumas that are affecting a person in the present, and I can help my clients find closure and diminish the echoes that are manifesting physically. The fascinating thing about energy work is that it can be used in-person or long-distance.
As I refined my use of the Tara Energy, I explored other types of energy work. I became a Level III Reiki Master. I learned about medical intuition from Carolyn Myss (Why People Don't Heal and How They Can, etc.) and Norman Shealy, MD. And I learned the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), which uses tapping on the meridian points on the face and body to shift energies and emotional patterns.
In 2005, I got a flier in the mail about a class in Reconnective Healing®, taught by Eric Pearl. I'd never heard of him or Reconnective Healing®, but the hair on the back of my neck stood up when I picked up the flier, and I figured I probably ought to take the class! While I was taking the class, I also had my own Personal Reconnection™ (see below). And a few months later I took the class in how to perform a Personal Reconnection™.
Since then, I have offered sessions to clients using the Tara energy and Reconnective Healing®. I also perform the personal Reconnection™ and, based on my years of metaphysical study and intuitive abilities, I offer Intuitive Coaching. (See below for information about scheduling telephone or in-person sessions.)
I am also continuing to discover and share the amazing healing properties of therapeutic-grade essential oils, using the Young Living essential oils. See below for more information.
"If you're lucky, your healing will come in the form you anticipate.
If you're really lucky, your healing will come in a form you've not even dreamed of -
one which the Universe specifically has in mind for you." - Eric Pearl
Reconnective Healing® is a frequency that transmits Light and Information, introduced to the world through Dr. Eric Pearl in the early 1990's, that allows the healing of the body, mind, and spirit. A successful chiropractor in Los Angeles, he had what was called an "axiotonal alignment." Shortly thereafter, he knew something was happening when his clients started having physical healings that had nothing to do with chiropractic manipulations. He has worked with scientists at the University of Arizona to demonstrate the existence and efficacy of these new healing frequencies. I was trained by Eric in the use of Reconnective Healing® frequencies in 2005. Picture at left: Eric and me at the Reconnective Healing class in Washington, DC, July 2010, where I worked as a volunteer.
The theory with Reconnective Healing® is that you let the Energy that created the body heal the body. The practitioner provides the energy/frequency, and the person receives the healing that is needed at the time, whether that is healing of the mind, body, or spirit. Dis-ease in the mind and spirit can underlie disease of the body. I call Reconnective Healing® a sort of "Reiki on steroids." Having worked with both energies, I find the Reconnective Healing® frequency is stronger, more focused, and more effective.
"The Reconnection® principle is simple, and the outcome is revolutionary: There is a healing power that transcends the limitations of human ability and imagination. By opening to it, without preconceived agendas, we are able to restore balance and harmony in our lives and, as such, transform our bodies, hearts, minds, and souls in ways that otherwise may seem impossible." --TheReconnection.com
Here are some examples of how effective Reconnective Healing® is:
- I have seen severe migraine headaches completely stopped in their tracks with about five minutes of Reconnective Healing®.
- When a friend literally poked herself in the eye with a stick while gardening, her eye became bright red and painful, and her eyelids swelled so much that she could barely see. I gave her about 10 minutes of Reconnective Healing®. Thirty minutes later, the swelling, redness and pain were almost completely gone!
- A woman at the office was having terrible gallstone pain, accompanied by severe nausea. She felt like she was too sick to go home. With about 10 minutes of Reconnective Healing® frequency, the nausea and much of the pain was gone and she was able to leave.
- A friend had an accident and severed a tendon in his toe. The doctors told him he wouldn't be able to use that toe again. Half-way into a Reconnective Healing® session, he was able to move it, and it healed rapidly after that.
- Children and animals are particularly receptive to energy work. I have effectively used Reconnective Healing® to help small children calm down and stop screaming on airplanes and in stores and to soothe frightened animals—going to the vet is much easier with the help of Reconnective Healing®!
Schedule your appointment for a Reconnective Healing session now! Visit the Products & Services page.
The Personal Reconnection™ . . .
is a process developed by Eric Pearl to reconnect us to the energy grids of the earth and the Universe. Humans were originally connected to these grids through their own energy grid, their meridians, which are accessed in accupuncture and other modalities. Over time, humanity became disconnected from the grids, which became known as the Fall of Man. Although humanity could still access the grids, there was a lot of static and "disturbance in the Force," and the energy and information received has been slow and distorted.
According to Dr. Pearl, The Personal Reconnection™ brings in and activates new energy grid lines ("axiatonal lines") that are "part of a parallel-dimensional circulatory system that draws the basic energy for the renewal functions of the human body. . .[it] brings in and activates these new lines, allowing for the exchange of light and information, the reconnection of DNA strands and the reintegration of 'strings' (simultaneously occurring on parallel planes of existence)."
The Personal Reconnection™ is a once-in-a-lifetime process about your connection with the Universe, your empowerment, your stepping up to your Life. Once you become Reconnected, you become more aligned with your purpose. People have had amazing shifts in their lives as they effortlessly access the Light and Information of the Universe in a faster and clearer way, and they step into the fast lane of their lives.
The Personal Reconnection® is the closest thing to a Near-Death Experience in terms of realigning and reconnecting you with your Higher Self and your Life Purpose, in essence, putting you on the fast track (and I can make that comparison, having had BOTH!)
According to Orion, as expressed through Elisabeth Fitzhugh (www.orionwisdom.org):
"The Reconnection is not an event, it is an opening. And thus, it is sort of setting an alignment that restructures
your program and sets you in motion, and in that new programming and that new alignment, you are going to
be receptive to and tuning in to signals that you didn’t receive before. You will go from dial-up to DSL, and suddenly
. . . suddenly there’s video, there’s music, and all of this is available at a fast speed that wasn’t available at a fast
speed before. . . and then once you realize there are internet music stations, then what else is there? Well, now
there’s internet television stations, and, ‘wow! I can do this now, and I can download that,' and so it’s going to keep
evolving as the capacities more and more show themselves.”
Go to the Products and Services page for information about scheduling a session with Ellyn. Click here to go to Eric Pearl's website for more information about Reconnective Healing® and The Reconnection™. Another source of information, with more about Eric's personal story, is his book, The Reconnection: Heal Others, Heal Yourself.
Young Living Essential Oils™ . . .
If you'd said a couple of years ago that I would become wildly enthusiastic about essential oils, I would have said you were crazy! Aromatherapy just seemed a little too weird. Well, I once felt that way about energy work, too, and look what happened! I admit it, I'm a fanatic convert! Please note that my comments below refer only to the therapeutic grade Young Living™ Essential Oils...I cannot vouch for other brands of oils that may not have the same high-quality ingredients or be processed in the same high-quality way.
With therapeutic-grade essential oils, (as compared to perfume-grade oils) it's not just about the aroma, it's also about the therapeutic qualities and properties of the plants. In addition to the therapeutic propterties of the individual plants, these oils all have antioxidant properties, kill germs, oxygenate the cells, assist with removing toxins from the body, and support the immune system. The body takes in these properties best through the nasal passages and through topical application on the bottoms of the feet (there are connections on the feet to all the meridians in the body, which conduct the oils throughout the body very quickly).You also can apply them topically on your body to help with various mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual issues. You can diffuse them in your home for a wonderful, uplifting, aroma, while you are absorbing the therapeutic qualities through your nasal passages (better than chemical "air fresheners"!). Aromatically, you get a double-header with these oils—not only do they smell wonderful in the air or used as a perfume (Joy™ blend is wonderful!)—but there are additional therapeutic qualities, because aroma affects the part of the brain associated with emotions. and have their therapeutic assistance as a side benefit. And you can cook with and ingest some of them—lemon, peppermint, clove, oregano, and thyme, for example—to benefit from their therapeutic properties and their wonderful taste! Lavender (pictured) is an all-purpose healer. It is calming to the mind and soothing to the body. It's especially good for burns.
Young Living™ also has a line of germ-killing household products (Thieves™ cleaner, hand purifier, soap, toothpaste, etc.), face and body products, and supplements, all based on and including essential oils. They also offer NingXia Red™ wolfberry juice and bars, which have many antioxidant and therapeutic qualities. The company mission and policy is to use essential oils and natural ingredients of the highest quality, without toxic chemicals, preserving the intrinsic therapeutic properties of the plants.
I'm still learning, but here are some of my experiences with the oils so far:
- One drop of Peppermint essential oil on the temples can eliminate a bad sinus headache in about 5 minutes.
- I am absolutely convinced that the Young Living antibacterial and antiviral Thieves™ blend and ImmuPro™ blend kept me hearty and healthy all winter, while everyone around me was succumbing to all kinds of nasty colds, flus, stomach viruses, sinus infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia! When I was much exposed, I would put a drop of each on the bottom of each foot in the morning and/or evening. If I felt I was fighting something off, I would also put a drop on the sides of my neck (lymph glands) and, if my throat was getting scratchy, on my throat.
- After falling on the ice and catching myself by my upper arm on a wrought-iron railing (can you say OUCH?!), I was black and blue from elbow to armpit and I had a painful knot under the skin the size of an egg. In the past, I would have been bruised and sore for 3-4 weeks from an injury like this. I applied a combination of homeopathic Arnica gel and one drop each of the essential oil blends of Peace and Calming™, PanAway™, and Release™ morning and evening for several days, and by the 5th day, the pain, the knot, and most of the bruising were gone!
- A friend had a pinched nerve causing severe pain through her hip for over a year. The pain was so severe, she had trouble sleeping. She applied three drops of Copaiba and Relieve It on her hip morning and night for about a week. After two days the pain eased enough for her to sleep. After a week, the pain was totally gone. She stopped using the oils after about a month, but six months later, the pain had not returned.
- I occasionally get unbearably painful cramps in my feet. If you've ever had them, you know what I mean! Rubbing in just a drop of the Aroma Sieze™ or Relieve It™ blend takes those cramps away in about 5 minutes!
- Putting Clarity™ or Brainpower™ blend on my temples really keeps me alert when I'm driving. Grounding™ helps a lot, too!
- When my friend's young son is aggitated and angry, Peace and Calming™ or Lavendar really help calm him down, especially when one is rubbed on the bottoms of his feet and diffused in the air. Vetiver oil on his feet also helps. (Generally, diffusing is recommended for emotional outbursts and issues because the aroma reaches the seat of the emotions in the brain, but Vetiver may be too thick to diffuse.)
- And just for practical purposes, Lemon oil is a great cleaner around the house—put a few drops in a spray bottle full of water, shake, and spray. It will make surfaces clean and sparkling, and, kill germs. Used straight it will clean off those awful gooey substances left from stickers. And it makes everything smell wonderful and clean!
Click here to view the Young Living™ product catalog, where you can see the full range of oils and other products, with descriptions of their properties and applications. Reference my distributor number 981073 when you order at the Young Living™ website. Become a preferred customer and receive discounted prices on all products. Save even more by becoming a distributor and enjoying wholesale prices and a $50-off coupon for a diffuser, even if you don't intend to take advantage of the great opportunity to build your own business in essential oils.
Contact me for information and appointments for
Aromatherapy/Essential Oils, Intuitive coaching, Reconnective Healing®,
and the Personal Reconnection™ at LionMagic@msn.com.